Nursery Workers Needed
Sunday Service Nursery positions open. These are paid positions, background checks required.
Please contact the Grace office if you are interested in applying: 407-322-1472.
Office hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 9am to 1 pm
Children's Ministry Director
Grace is seeking Part time Faith filled Director of Children’s Ministries!
Part time $12.00 per hour/20 hours per week
Children’s Ministry Summary: Seeking an individual with a demonstrated Christ-centered Christian faith for 20 hours per week. Design, develop and execute all aspects of children’s ministry from kindergarten to 5th grade. Responsible for managing and ensuring complete excellence in the love, care, and spiritual growth of the children.
e-mail Resume to: employmentGraceUMC@gmail.com
• Work with pastor to create, plan, and oversee developmentally and theologically appropriate opportunities for children of all ages and abilities.
• Resource and lead weekly opportunities for children (i.e. Sunday School, Wednesday night Bible study and other yearly events.).
• Plan and oversee seasonal programs for children and their families (i.e. Christmas, Easter, Vacation Bible School, Summer Camp, etc.).
• Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children.
• Partner with parents to ensure children continue to seek and love God, love and serve people throughout their lives.
• Develop faith-formation opportunities for families to do at home.
• Create processes that enable smooth transitions of ministry through children’s life stages (i.e. into kindergarten and into middle school).
• Adhere to the Children and Youth Policies and Procedures.
• Work with the pastor to evaluate children’s ministries with input from relevant people.
• Assist pastor to respond to pastoral care needs of children and their families.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Create an environment conducive to positive interaction with staff members, lay leadership, church members, and the community.
• Communicate clearly and often with children, parents, volunteers, and the community about opportunities At Grace United Methodist Church’s Children’s Ministries.
• Enthusiastically inform pastors, staff, members of Grace United Methodist Church, etc. about the activities of the Children’s Ministries.
• Ask for help when needed.
• Promote, communicate, and embody the vision, mission, and core values of Grace United Methodist Church.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma and some college preferred with at least two years of related experience.
• Embodies and lives the Christian faith. Deeply committed to personal spiritual growth.
• Passionately desires to share and develop the Christian faith with children and families.
• Working knowledge of internet tools including social media, Excel, Word and other software.
• Must be adaptable, innovative, cooperative, and communicative.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other staff, lay leadership, children, parents, and the community.
• Ability to solve practical problems and effectively cope with the challenges that may arise from working with a variety of people in a church setting.
• Must be able to multitask, organize, and delegate.
• Must be able to work independently and with a team.
• Must pass a background, fingerprint, and reference check.
Come join our ministry team!